U.S. Patent Attorney
Mr. Howard Chung is a U.S. attorney and USPTO registered patent attorney. He has practiced in the field of intellectual property law since 2006. He has handled numerous patents, trade secrets, copyrights, and trademarks for clients ranging from startups to small and medium enterprises to large entities such as Samsung Electronics, Fisker Automotive, Living Essentials LLC, and J.Estina.
Mr. Chung provides clients with IP prosecution, legal services and guidance on their trademarks and design, branding, and consultation on market entry, and ecommerce. He is also an adjunct associate professor at the University of Maryland, Global Campus Graduate Business School MBA program teaching business management related legal courses (contracts, employment law, torts, products liability, criminal law, corporate law).
Publications & Seminars
- Emerging Importance and Necessity of Trademark and Trade Dress Protection for Small Businesses: THE KOREA TIMES (2006)
- Design Patents: the overview (2007).
- Utilizing the Benefits of the U.S. Patent System: Seminar presented at the Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology (2011).
- Strategies to Consider When Filing U.S. Patents: Seminar presented at Hanmi Pharmaceuticals (2011).
- How to Avoid the Restriction Requirement & U.S. IDS practice: Seminar presented at Hanol Intellectual Property Law Office (2011).
- A Study of the Effect of Intellectual Property Protection on Competitiveness in the Hospitality Industry (2016).
- U.S. Expansion Guidelines (Darae & Ice Miller, LLP Global Project): Webinar (2021).
We are a boutique law firm specializing in the areas of Trademarks, Copyrights and Patent prosecution work. Our intellectual property professionals in Korea as well as the United States work to provide the most advantageous solutions for our clients and their individual needs. Leadigm’s clients include startups, emerging growth companies, universities as well as large enterprises.